Library orientation programme helps to transmit knowledge and information search skills among the students. The orientation programme conducted for the newly joined students at the beginning of the academic session.
OBJECTIVES OF LIBRARY ORIENTATION PROGRAMME
- To provide instructions to the new users about the use of library.
- To make the users educated about the use of library catalogue, OPAC, reference tools etc.
- To creates awareness about different library resources like books, magazines, periodicals, maps, charts, tables, audio visual collection.
- To make awareness about different sections like Reference Section, Periodical Section, Reading Room, Circulation Counter, Digital Section, Rear Book Section etc.
- To inform students as to whom to contact for what & when for their resource requirements